2012 Volunteer Recruitment Campaign and Incentive
With 6.7 million acres and counting of great elk country now conserved, RMEF is without question one of the most successful wildlife organizations on the planet. Here’s another fact without question: our success is a direct result of the commitment of our volunteers. They are truly the lifeblood of the outfit. And our outfit is growing.
The RMEF now has more than 180,000 members—a new record following one of the largest single-year leaps in our history. But now we must grow our volunteer base as well. Our 10,000 volunteers make up less than 1 percent of the active elk hunters in North America. Imagine what we could accomplish with 15,000 or even 20,000? Banquet proceeds far eclipse membership proceeds in supporting the Elk Foundation’s mission, so the size, health, strength and leadership of each chapter’s committee are absolutely vital to our success.
We recognize that in order to grow our volunteer base we need to invest in it, so RMEF has developed a new Core Volunteer Campaign:
How does it work?
The campaign began September 1, 2011 and ends December 31, 2012.
RMEF will send eight grand prize winners on a fully guided and outfitted five-day whitetail deer and waterfowl combo hunt in northern Missouri’s legendary big-buck country. This hunt is provided by Grand Whitetails at Mallard Pass Farms in Sumner, and is tentatively set for November 10-15, 2013. Dates are subject to change based on the Missouri Department of Conservation season structure for that year. RMEF will pick up all expenses. This includes but is not limited to food, lodging, beverages, guide tips and license. RMEF is not responsible for travel to and from the hunt, ammunition, and normal hunting necessities.
But that’s not all that is up for grabs. The drawing will also include 12 additional prizes: six Hoyt Maxxis 31 bows and six Browning X-bolt Carbon Fiber .338 rifles. Prizes will be drawn on December 31, 2012 at the RMEF headquarters in Missoula, Montana. You need not be present to win.
With 20 outstanding prizes, we have now given you 20 more reasons to become or recruit a new volunteer with RMEF. Our goal is to recruit 500 new volunteers. Help us get there!
Every existing RMEF volunteer who recruits a new core volunteer gets entered into the drawing, as does the new core volunteer.
If an existing volunteer committee member finds more than one new core volunteer they can be entered more than once into the drawing, but they can only win one spot on the hunting trip.
If a new core volunteer recruits another new core volunteer, they will receive a second entry into the drawing.
What is a core volunteer?
To be considered for the incentive drawing, an RMEF volunteer must play an active role in and stayed involved with the committee through the planning and execution of the banquet. For this reason a new core volunteer is defined as:
- A volunteer who attends four or half of a local chapter’s committee meetings, whichever is less.
- A volunteer who plays an active role in committee meetings and banquet preparation, such as, but not limited to:
- Accepting the role of chairman, co-chairman, ticket chair, financial chair or merchandise chair.
- Selling banquet attendee tickets and pre-banquet raffle tickets.
- Soliciting cash and merchandise donations, corporate tables and new volunteers.
- Supporting marketing and public relations.
- Completing another specific job that your chapter chair and regional director agrees was of significant help to your committee in conducting their event.
- A volunteer who is present and plays an active and helpful role in banquet set-up.
- A volunteer who is present for banquet night and helps to run a game, raffle, cash table, sponsor/life member table, silent auction, live auction spotter, merchandise display, live auction, clean up and/or emcee.
Good luck and thanks for all you do!