John Dudley, Traeger Pro and avid hunter, Traegers his smoky elk skewers for his family all year round. Make this tangy smoked elk recipe your new family favorite.
3 lbs Elk Tenderloin
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
3 Whole Zucchini
3 Whole Yellow Squash
12 Small Sweet Peppers
12 Cherry Tomatoes
2 Tablespoons Traeger Big Game Rub
- Cut the tenderloin into 2” thick chunks. Drizzle meat lightly with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and let sit in a large bowl.
- Chop zucchini and yellow squash into ¾” thick slices. Next cut the ends off some small sweet peppers and remove seeds. Take the zucchini, squash, sweet peppers, and cherry tomatoes and toss them into the bowl with the tenderloin chunks.
- Add a little more olive oil and Balsamic vinegar and toss. Add the Traeger Big Game Rub and toss again. Be sure to evenly coat all ingredients.
- Take a skewer and start stacking, alternate between meat and vegetables to make the kabob.
- When ready to cook, set temp to 500* F (High) and preheat, lid closed for 10-15 mins.
- Once grill reached temp, put kabobs directly on the grate and grill for about 17 min, turning once, halfway through the cook.
Access this, and over a thousand other Traeger recipes on the Traeger App.