A simple way to cook a steak using the sous vide method. This way of cooking tends to be rich so we chose to serve it with a simple fresh salad.
~Chef Cosmo Goss
PREP TIME: 45 MINUTES
ESTIMATED SERVINGS: 2-3
1 ea 1 & 1/2# dry aged ribeye (boneless)
1/4 cup butter
2 sprigs rosemary
2 t red pepper flakes
1/3 cup feta
1 cup strawberries (stems removed, cut in 1/4’s)
1/4 cup red onion (slivered)
3 T aged balsamic
1 ea lemon cut in half
2 T olive oil
1/4 cup butter
MEAT! Vacuum Sealer Bags
MEAT! Chamber Vacuum Sealer
MEAT! Sous Vide Cooker
- Place the MEAT! Sous Vide cooker in a tall pot deep enough so that it can fit.
- Fill the pot with warm water above the minimum fill line and set to 118°F.
- While the water is heating up season the ribeye with salt and pepper and place in an appropriately sized MEAT! Vacuum Sealer Bag.
- Add 2 sprigs of rosemary, 2 cloves of garlic, red pepper flakes and 1/4 cup of butter and seal in the MEAT camber vacuum sealing machine.
- Once the water reaches 118°F drop the vacuum-sealed steak in the water and set a timer for 30 minutes.
- When the timer goes off remove the steak from the water bath and let cool on a cutting board.
- Heat a cast iron pan on the stove over high heat with a little rice bran oil (or other high heat oil).
- Once the oil is almost smoking removed the steak from the bag and add it to the pan slowly being careful not so splash oil on yourself.
- Sear the steak hard for 1-2 minutes until a nice crust has formed on the steak, flip and pour out any excess oil.
- Add the remaining butter and the rosemary and garlic left over in the bag.
- Baste the steak with butter for about 1-2 minutes and remove the steak and let rest for 5 minutes on a cutting board.
- While the steak is resting place the arugula, feta, red onion and strawberries in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- After resting the steak for 5 minutes slice in 1/2 inch slices and arrange on serving platter.
- Place the arugula salad next to the steak and finish with the aged balsamic.
- Serve with a seared lemon.